Saturday, June 24, 2017

Where to start?

Incarnation Lutheran Church in Poway has taken on a mission in Cameroon to provide safety and shelter for young girls in danger of human trafficking. A small team will be headed to Yaoundé, Cameroon's capital, this August to turn a house into a home for any girls that need our support.

For the past few weeks we have been meticulously planning to ensure a successful trip. Flights and hotels have been booked, visa's applied for, and vaccinations stabbed into arms. Additionally, we had to plan the supplies we are going to need. For several hours a couple of us sat around the table in the Lighthouse going over room by room what we would need. Because of course, everything comes with a price tag, which means budget planning!

The budget that has been created for this mission has amounted to $10,000. Which means we will need some financial support, from you. Yes, you, reading this post right now. Our budget has included all of the essentials to transform the property into an incredible center. Basic kitchen appliances, updated electrical and plumbing, beds with bedding, cleaning supplies, paint, and bricks. Lots and lots of bricks to build up the security wall around the property. Just as Psalm 18:2 says "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." We are going to build a fortress for these girls. And with your support and prayers I know we will provide a place of refuge for any in need.

For donations click here.

For additional information and perspective on the current situation in Cameroon, the following articles are wonderful guides.

No comments:

Post a Comment